Lost Lanes Central
Explore Central England by bike with 36 glorious bike rides with this new title Lost Lanes Central by best-selling author Jack Thurston. Published May 2022, this brand new addition to the Lost Lanes series takes you on a freewheeling tour of the hidden lanes and forgotten byways of the Midlands and beyond. From the windswept hills of Shropshire to the big skies of Lincolnshire, from the crags of the Peak District to the comely villages of the Cotswolds, there's something for all types of explorers with this guidebook.
All rides are accessible by train and include Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire.
- Traffic-free trails around the Peak District
- Quiet country lanes and hidden byways through the Cotswolds
- The secret side to Birmingham and its vast network of canal towpaths and traffic-free urban greenways
- The Shropshire Hills and contours of BrownClee Hill, the Wrekin, Stiperstones and Wenlock edge
- Graded rides from easy to challenging
- Accommodation, pub and tea stops
- Marked viewpoints and wild swim spots
- Dedicated website with downloadable GPX files, turn by turn route instructions and detailed maps
- Published May 2022
- Pages: 256
- ISBN: 9781910636343