Imagine a summer spent swimming in mountain waterfalls, exploring lost ruins and caverns, and camping in ancient forests. In this explorer's compendium you will discover the most exciting and lesser-known places to visit in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, with magical places to stay and where to find the very best local and artisan food, straight from the farm or field.
Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect book for families seeking new adventures off the beaten track, or explorers dreaming up their ultimate weekend escape.
From the award-winning Wild Guide series, with over 750 secret adventures, hidden places and wild weekend escapes. Taking you to places no other guidebook reaches. Includes 20 detailed Ordnance Survey locator maps, and over 350 photos.
* Wild swims, waterfalls, river pools and hidden tarns
* Scrambles, gorge walks and gills
* Secret beaches and islands
* Lesser-known peaks and extraordinary rock formations
* Giant caverns and caves
* Lost ruins, follies and sacred wells
* Meadows, ancient forests and amazing wildlife
* Local food producers, micro-breweries, inns and farm shops
* Bothies, gypsy caravans, wild camps and campfire campsites
* Ancient rock art, sacred circles and the Stonehenge of the north
Publisher: Wild Things Publishing
Published: May 2016