The South Downs is a mountain biker's paradise. The routes cross Hampshire and Sussex, between Winchester, Brighton and Eastbourne and take in roller coaster rides, dedicated woodland singletrack and great downhills. Thousands of kilometres of well-maintained byways and bridleways traverse well-drained chalk downland, providing superlative off-road conditions for much of the year.
This guide contains clearly illustrated OS maps with numbered stages linking the route descriptions to maps, brought to life with action photographs.
- 26 routes set in the UK's newest national park, set throughout the length and breadth of the Downs
- A 3-day breakdown of the 160km South Downs Way National Trail, from Winchester to Eastbourne
- Routes by distance, difficulty, ascent, time taken or amount of distance off-road
- Mix and match routes to create your own endless combinations
- Extensive information on facilities including bike shops, transport links, pubs and accommodation
Author: Peter Edwards
Paper: Waterproof cover