This is your ideal guide to exploring the lanes and tracks of the Cotswolds AONB, whatever your level or skill or style of bike.
- 21 varied half and full-day routes across the AONB
- exciting off-road sections for those with mountain biking skills
- on-road alternatives for almost every route
- 4-day (200km) tour taking in the highlights of the area
- free GPX tracks downloadable for all routes when you buy the book
The Cotswolds is home to pretty honey-hued stone villages set in a landscape of rolling countryside. The dramatic 100-mile limestone escarpment offers breathtaking views, while the network of quiet lanes, cycle-friendly canal paths, tracks and bridleways is perfect for exploration on a bicycle.
All the routes described here are suitable for hybrid or mountain bikes and graded from easy through to challenging, with information on surface, distance and ascent as well as those all-important en route cafés and pubs. Where the main cycle route described goes off-road, and on-road alternative is described for almost every ride. Some exciting off-road sections are included for those with mountain biking skills.
Author: Chiz Dakin